Saturday, May 24, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
My current focus is on using the Browser as the lenses of the suit, and as a means of doing on-the-fly research on topics as they come up.
- Having and maintaining a personal knowledge base (KB) may be appropriate. In a sense, always doing dynamic researches will yield the most current knowledge on a subject, but a drawback is that research takes time, and we may not always want to re-research topics that have already been researched. We can choose when to re-research a topic, but instead having a personal knowledge base, to refer to, can be a time saver. Personally, I use My System» of Tagging»that involves creation of an entry in my personal knowledge base, that gives an overview of the tag/topic, links to sites, etc. A personal Wikipedia, if you will. This KB (personal Wikipedia) allows me to personalize tags/topics, in ways that make them understandable to me. This system does not exclude use of folksonomy bookmarking (e.g. del.icio.us, ma.gnolia), and in fact, has the effect of enhancing those bookmarks. I call my KB A-List. Here it is:
- Another method that I am using, is customzing my Flock browser with any number of Addons/Extensions», and customizing the toolbars. For example:
Anyone have any other suggested means of populating or implementing an Epiphany suit?
Thursday, May 15, 2008
See you soon.
Any other fun stories about using Jott, anyone?
Currently I use several micro-blogging, status update, socal sites/tools. To update statuses, I have been using TwitKu. Recently I found out about Ping.fm.
Does anyone love Ping.fm, and want to offer suggestions, to me and others?Here is a picture of the Social Services that Ping.fm currently supports:
And here are the "Tools" that Ping.fm supports:
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Surely Jott can be used as a component for an Epiphany Suit. Look at all of the places you can Jott to...
And this list keeps growing!!!
How do I Jott to a link?
Personally, I love being able to Jott to Google Calendar, Remember the Milk, and to Twitter.
What do you Jott to?
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I also dabble in Pownce and Jaiku.
And I use Twitku to post to all three (Twitter, Jaiku, and Pownce) in one shot.
Mostly, I use Twitterfox to post to and follow in twitter.
Using twitter, I have been posting events to my Google Calendar.
And adding todos to RTM from twitter too.
Reference: Twitter, Jaiku, Jott, Plazes, Tumblr, Yurbo, and More...
For a list of the social software/sites that I dabble in, see: http://ericherberholz.googlepages.com/social
Sunday, May 11, 2008
The first hit that I found was:
- "Merge opml files", www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/opml
Anyone have a good RSS OPML merge tool?
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
- Either social bookmark tag cloud (e.g. del.icio.us) or equivalent (e.g. A-List)
- Search Engines/Plugins» and/or Hyperword[firefox Add-On, website]
NOTE: The Mycroft project provides a collection of Sherlock & OpenSearch Search Engine Plugins for Mozilla browsers (e.g. Flock, Firefox) and for the Internet Explorer browser.