Send an email to your Google Docs Upload "Email-In Your Documents and Files" email address:
- Prepare to compose an email (e.g. click on Gmail_Notifier icon's downarrow, click on Compose Mail)
- Address email to your Google Docs Upload "Email-In Your Documents and Files" email address (e.g. Firstname-Lastname-uniqueidentifier@@prod.writely.com)
- Compose the mail*
But, still, using this simple process results in the creation of a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
Upon successful completion of the upload, you will get an email telling you about the completion, and you are given a link to the new document**.
Pretty sweet, huh?
*Types of files that you can upload:
Documents (up to 500KB)
- HTML files and plain text (.txt).
- Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text (.rtf), OpenDocument Text (.odt) and StarOffice (.sxw).
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pps).
- Comma Separated Value (.csv).
- Microsoft Excel (.xls) files and OpenDocument Spreadsheet (.ods).
** For example:
This document has been imported into Google Docs on your behalf:
The Google Docs Team
Blogged with the Flock Browser