- Go to a web page
- Use your favorite URL shortening site/tool to get the short URL
- Use your favorite folksonomy* (e.g. del.icio.us, ma.gnolia) to share the web page...
- ...add the short URL to the description of the favorite/bookmark (at the folksonomy site).
- (optional) memorize the short URL
- At Twitter's direct sent messages web page
- Click on the is.gd button () in your browser
- Click on del.icio.us "TAG" button**, or Shareaholic»del.icio.us, or the Star icon*** on the Navigation Toolbar in Flock
- Paste the short URL (created in step #2) in to the description field of the shared item
- Memorize that is.gd/1llE is the short URL (that's number one, lower case letter L, lower case letter L, upper case letter E). Regarding memorization, it would be easier to use a short URL generator that allows you to customize or taylor it to make it easier to remember. An example of this is snipurl.com, where you can pick a "nickname", of up to 20 characters in length. For example: http://snipurl.com/twitter_direct_msgs
- is.gd/instructions.php - Basic instructions, including a bookmarklet and Firefox Add-On ( Click here to visit the plugin site and install it.)
* "Folksonomy (also known as collaborative tagging, social classification, social indexing, and social tagging) is the practice and method of collaboratively creating and managing tags to annotate and categorize content." - Wikipedia
** Tag button...
*** [orange] Star icon on the Navigation Toolbar:
Blogged with the Flock Browser